Tuesday, May 8, 2012

In The Beginning....

"This will be a day long remembered"
-Darth Vader

It's time I begin my journey with this blog, and I'm not talking about a casual journey where I breeze through things and don't learn a few things along the path. I am talking about an adventurous, an exciting, an innovative and vivid journey full of newly sprouting ideas and unexpected surprises. I've been a blogger for a few years now and too be honest, I wasn't sure what kind of a blogger I was. Was I a eloquent reviewer of films and video games? Was I a hard butted critic with an iron fist of bashing things? Was I a poet, a modern day Dickinson or Poe? Was I a diary writer who everyday spewed thoughts, emotions and fury. The more I ponder on these erratic elements, the more I begin to think I was a bit of each. It's been a fascinating ride through the world of the internet, and as an artist, a filmmaker and an overall storyteller, I often like to show perspective and point of view and share it with the eyes of all the people dwelling on this rock. There is nothing that satisfies me more than when I can share what really goes on in my brain with the world, with all those who are intrigued, for I don't do it all for myself, I do what I love for others so they can enjoy it and savor it.

I hope one day to become a famous storyteller and change the world with the next innovative imagery, but for now, I think I will stick with this memoir, a very special, super duper memoir where all my ideas will surface and clinge to life. You might find a bit of everything with this blog, from movie reviews, to perspective essays, to excellent analysis of certain matters that interest my agile figure. But for the most part, this blog will carry on stories which I wish to tell, and each story will have certain trademarks, flows, and balances that really make them stick out like a green smurf. I've been a storyteller pretty much all my life, pretty much since the very beginning when I first put fingers upon a pencil. The art of storytelling is something that continues to thrive in my blood even as I go on and try different things. It's something I enjoy dearly. It's something that will never leave, even as I wither with age.

Sit back, relax, grab a soda or two, and dive into this wondrous world with me and I hope you have just as much of a ball as I do, for even the simplest things in life can be the most exciting and memorable. Even a trip to old Grandmother Ethel's can be one of the greatest treks of your life. Even a trip to the local ice cream parlor can turn into a cutting edge, nail biting thriller which you can tell your children about many years from now. Hop into my special magical enchanted-mobile and we will have a swell time. Who knows what will happen next? We could run into space pirates with laserbeams attached to their heads or vampire ninjas from Mars or even a cyclops with an eye that shoots mystic rays of doom.


Welcome. You are free to enter. Enjoy. Become captivated and inspired. Believe. Go for the impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment